Happy Easter and Hello everybody!
As I quickly told you yesterday, I have prepared a picknick for me and my family. One might not suspect it when looking out of the windows now, but: yesterday's weather was wonderful! So maybe you cannot use the picknick-ideas I am posting today very soon, but at least you will have them up your sleeve. For the weather has shown to change quickly at the moment.
You know, I really do enjoy having some days off at University, just as I did the last few days. However there's one tiny, little, small problem: I just cannot pull myelf together and get back to work when I should, just like right NOW!
There are like one hundred texts (at least!) wishfully longing for me to read them and I am still breaking their hearts, for I prefer hanging around and do something (what it is does not matter) else. Even now that the weather is bad, even now that I really do not have anything meaningful to do, I always find a way to avoid work. Terrible. But I really hope that you know that too and try out some of my recipes instead of working. And then tell me about it and distract me from work even more. Then I would have got an excuse, at least.
So, take your pick(nick):
herb-butter-bun with avocado-egg-peppercress-spread
ingredients (6 people)
1 kg of light spelt flour
40 g fresh yeast
120 g soft butter
2 dl water
3 dl milk
2 fresh eggs
0,5 tablespoons sugar
1,5 tablespoons salt
2 tablespoons dried rosemary
1 tablespoon dried oregano
1 tablespoon dried thyme
4 boiled eggs
2 teaspoons lime juice
1 handful peppercress
1. mix flour, salt and sugar, then mix milk, water and yeast
2. add butter in little flocks to flour, then add milk-water-yeast-mix and form an elastic dough, let rise for 1-2 hours
3. meanwhile, mash eggs and avocado with a fork, then add chopped peppercress, lime juice, salt and pepper, stir well and refridgerate
4. preheat the oven on 190°
5. cut the dough in halves and form a braid with each of them
6. sepearte egg yolk fromt the two fresh eggs and spread on the bread-braids, add some dried herbs and coarse salt
6. bake for 40-45 minutes
you may also like to spread some cream cheese on the finished braids and then add some smoked salmon, herbs and lime juice!
ENJOY your picknick (whenever the weather should allow you to do so!)