Sunday, August 17, 2014

herbal essences

Good afternoon, people!


How are you? I am, to be honest a bit, (okay no, completely!) absent-minded at the moment. And I don't even know why. I just see the results in my kitchen. You would not have wanted to be my guest today. I will not tell you about all my failures, but this one just has to be told: After having mixed a (seemingly lovely) cherry-honey-milk smoothie this noon, I couldn't find the lid of the milk bottle. Later we did find it, torn into thousand pieces, IN the smoothie itself. I mean, gosh, I really mixed that thing INTO the smoothie! Why?!


Well, anyways, the recipe I have got for you today was created on Friday, so, it should be okay (hopefully more than okay, but pretty special, though). And, good news, there's no milk (lid) to be added.
I had decided to finally use all the wonderful herbs that are growing in our little garden, have a look:

Ricotta-Lavender-Cumin Spread with Pesto-Bread (cool rhyme, isn't it?)


ingredients:

500 g spelt flour
10 g salt
20 g fresh yeast
3.25 dl warm water
5.5 dl olive oil
2 handful salvia
3 handful basil
1 handful origano
1 garlic clove
50 g pine nuts
*****
250 g ricotta
1 hanful fresh lavender
1,5 teaspoons cumin seeds
1 tablespoon vinegar
2 tablespoons olive oil
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 garlic clove


preparation:

1. Mix flour and salt, dissolve yeast in water
2. add yeast-water and 0.5 dl olive oil to flour and work well, let rise for 90 minutes
3. Mix 0.5 dl olive oil with 1 pressed garlic clove, pine nuts. salvia, basil and origano in a cutter
4. roll out bread dough, spread pesto on it and form your bread as you prefer, bake for 30 minutes on 190°C
5. meanwhile, mix ricotta, lavender, olive oil, vinegar, pressed garlic clove, cumin and salt in a cutter, too
6. take bread out of the oven and enjoy warm with some ricotta-spread!


 SEE YOU GUYS!

No comments:

Post a Comment