Saturday, March 21, 2015

personal superbowl

Heyo, healthy guys out there! How are you?
In order not to lead anyone on here, I think I might need to mention already at this point that the sweet tooths amongst you will again not (yet) be satisfied today! But, with the highest hopes (and also quite proudly), I present you a sneak peek of what I created today, which, of course, should make you wanna read on enthusiastically.


And, people, I have a wonderful, healthily sweet and sweetly healthy recipe for you up my sleeves which will soon follow this fresh and energizing post. So, enough of the self-adulation!
I have just passed my first of 6 weeks "20-km-running-practice" and I must say it went astonishingly well. Conclusion so far: terrible muscle-ache in my calves, 1 cramp, 32 km, 1300 stair-steps and 209 min. of running (or nice-try-running or creeping or stamping). After that, I consider applying to the "academy of silly runs", by the way.


Anyways, I had to realize today that good old Sir Spring might be a bit bitchy upon us next week. And, of course, the rainiest and coldest of all days will be Thursday. Exactly when I am having an all-day geography excursion to watch river systems (water from above, water from below, let's go the whole hog). 
So, this means: eat right, sleep well and fight those various "catch-a-cold-easily"-offers!

This vegan, fresh and healthy little warrior is a very good start to this:

Vegan young purslane-salad with grapes, parsnip, pomegranate, avocado, roasted eggplant, caramelized kernels and orange-curry-garlic-dressing 


You might now wonder how I got the idea of mixing so many different things. Well, this might have happened for two reasons. First of all,  I had a lovely, curly headed, male help in my kitchen. And secondly, I had this help (with quite a different taste than mine) accompany me to purchase the ingredients.
So, that's what came out and I must say it all gets together very well. But, of course, I won't force you to include all of the ingredients (I will just very insistently recommend it to you).



RECIPE:
ingredients (4 people, starter)

6 handful young purslane
1 eggplant
1 large parsnip
1 avocado
1 pomegranate
24 grapes (seedless)
8 tabelspoons kernels
2 teaspoons raw cane sugar
2 dl olive oil
1 dl orange juice
0.2 dl lime juice
2 teaspoons soy sauce
1 garlic clove
1 teaspoon yellow curry powder
salt, pepper
2 teaspoons cumin

preparation:

1. preheat the oven on 200°C , finely slice eggplant and parsnip, put on a baking sheet, add some olive oil, cumin and salt and roast in the oven for about 10 minutes
2. in the meantime, wash purslane and then preheat a pan to roast the kernels with raw cane suagr and 1 teaspoon of water for about 5 minutes
3. finely slice avocado and cut the grapes in half
4. try to get thes pomegranate-seeds out of their surroundings. Not easy, guys!
5. mix olive oil, pressed garlic clove, orange and lime juice, curry powder, soy sauce, salt and pepper to an awesome dressing. Very easy, guys!
6. Serve everything on the same plate and try not to forget anything!
7. Phu, you made it! Enjoy!!!


See you, lovely cookery-addicts! Wish me luck for round 2 of my running-challenge! 
Follow on 
INSTAGRAM: @flavourrunner

No comments:

Post a Comment